Friday 1 September 2017

1985: Under an Iron Sky - Central Map, version 4

The Central section of the map is completed, we still have to double check it but I don't expect horrible mistakes.
Many of the suggestions received  by other wargamers have been implemented. A short, annoying  list of the main ones:
  1. Lighter texture in Plain hexes (we'll probably make it even lighter)
  2. Lighter Sea / Ocean
  3. Changed font size and colors to reduce cluttering
  4. Changed Road size and colors
  5. Changed Bridge symbols
In my opinion, it's definitely better than the early versions; I'll have a test, single copy map printed next week so we'll be able to evaluate the "live" effect.

Here's a map area everyone knows about. Click on it to see the full 1500 x 1000 image in all its glory.


8 comments:

  1. Hi, this looks very interesting. You may have said already and I've missed it, but is there a publisher lined up for this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martin, we're going to publish it by ourselves, with the external help of Diffraction Entertainment. The game should be out by the end of the year.

      Delete
    2. Great - thanks for the reply. Trovo molto interessante, e lo aggiungo sicuramente al mio elenco di giochi da tenere d'occhio.

      Delete
  2. Ciao, sembra bello, hai idea del prezzo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie! Usciremo probabilmente con un prezzo intorno ai 200$.

      Delete
  3. I served in the US Army in 1985 in a place called Wildflecken, may 15 miles SE Fula. I always felt our position was untenable in the case of WP attack, though I doubt the NATO braintrust cared much about my anxiety. Anyhow, if there is any Wildflecken made it to the game map, it would the highlight of my lifetime in this hobby. Regardless, I am excited about this game and will be first in line with my money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The town is not on the map, but according to my data 1-1 Hawk ADA Battalion, 10th Air Defense Artillery Bde is deployed there (hex C2924).
      If that's your unit, it's in the game :)

      BTW, I agree with you. The position is untenable, I think they moved it there during the first '80s as in 1976 it wasn't there.

      Delete
    2. In addition to the ADA units you mention, there was armor battalion there as well, though I seem to recall that they had some M60 variants, not the newer M1s. I was in the 108th MI Bn,a technically non-combat unit, so it would not be necessary to depict it on a counter. However, I'm sure T-72s would have rolled over my unit just as readily, we were meant to be speed bump until heavier units like the 2nd Armored Division in Texas could make it to Germany before the WP reached the Rhine (or even Paris depending on France's posture). In any event I will have to add a dot to the map and write in "Wildflecken" so the illusion of commanding myself will be complete :)

      Delete

Comment? Comment!